- Found Ads (20)
Sort by :
Riverside, CA, USA
Westside, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Elizabethtown, KY, USA
Black Male Newfypoo
Cameron, MO, USA
Newfidoods in Jacksonville ! Reasonable
Westside, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Handsome F1b Newfydoodle – 2 year old
Manakin-Sabot, VA, USA
Jacksonville, FL, USA
5 month old Newfypoo
2120 Sugar Creek Falls Court, Atlanta, GA, USA
Millstone, NJ, USA
CKC F1B Newfypoo
New Iberia, LA, USA
Newfoundland Poodle Mix
29XV+C4 Grand Junction, CO, USA
Flemington, New Jersey, United States
Bushnell, FL, USA
Newfiedoodles | Crate Trained
58194 Dephillips Rd, Husser, LA, USA
NEWFYPOO Puppies just in time for the NEW YEAR!
Palm Harbor, FL, USA
Black Newfoundland Poodle Mix
2341 S Cooper St, Arlington, TX 76015, USA
5 Month Old Newfypoo For Sale!
Jackson, TN, USA
Mini nuffy poo
Swanton, OH, USA
Newfiepoo puppies ready to go
1033 Home Grove Dr, Winter Garden, FL 34787, USA
Greta – Newfypoo
Waukesha, WI, USA
Newfypoo Puppies for Sale: An Ultimate Comapnion
Newfypoo puppies for sale give people who like larger dogs a more engaging and lighter pet than a purebred Newfoundland. Incorporating attractive qualities from both parent breeds, the Newfypoo or Newfydoodle is loyal, intelligent, and flashy. The breed is active, alert, and tolerant of moderately hot and cold weather conditions. Ideal for the active family, Newypoos are social with house guests, children, and other dogs.
Overview of Newfypoo for Sale
As you can guess by breaking apart the name, a Newfypoo is a cross between a Poodle and a Newfoundland. Usually, the mix involves the Standard Poodle. Newfypoos go by several names.
- Newfoundland Poodle mix
Like many designer hybrids, the Newypoo’s history is difficult to pinpoint as the first mix was likely accidental. Purposeful breeding to obtain a loyal and watchful hypoallergenic companion dog probably began in the 1990s to early 2000s. The Newfoundland has murky beginnings but most likely originated in Canada around the 1600s with development in England. Poodles also have contested origins, but most experts agree they came from 1400s Germany and were developed in France.
One of the first things you will notice about the Newfy poo is its large size. There is not much of a size differential between the sexes. Males and females can range between 26 and 32 inches tall and weigh from 75 to 125 pounds. Newfydoodles resemble other Doodles with a round crown that blends seamlessly into rather long ears that frame the face. Some dogs have a broad face and large muzzle, and the eyes are wide-spaced and slightly oval. Others have a narrow snout with close-set eyes that are round. In either case, a Newypoo tends to have rather small but soulful eyes, a prominent and powerful neck, sloping shoulders, a muscular body, sturdy legs, a broad and deep chest, and a moderately long otter-like tail.
A Newfypoo for sale has a variable coat. Many have a medium-length shaggy coat marked by loose curls or pronounced waves. Other possibilities are a straight, medium-long double coat or tight curly hair. First-generation crosses, or the original Newfoundland x Poodle mix, are among the most variable, with all coat types present in most litters. Experienced breeders can tell you which coat you can expect because it is difficult to tell hair types in Newfypoo puppies for sale. A dog’s mature coat does not begin to appear until a pup is six months of age or older. To produce a more predictable hypoallergenic coat, a breeder will often breed a Newfoundland x Poodle cross back to a purebred Poodle. Likewise, someone who wants a sturdier working dog or a physical assistance animal would breed a first-generation 50:50 Newfoundland Poodle mix with a purebred Newfie. A dog from such a backcross would be presented as an f1b Newfypoo for sale. An f1 dog is the original cross of two purebred dogs, and f1b denotes a backcross of a first-generation animal.
- F1: purebred Newfoundland x purebred Poodle
- F1b: F1 Newfypoo x purebred poodle or F1 Newypoo x purebred Newfoundland
- F2: F1 Newfypoo x F1 Newfypoo >> still a 50:50 Mewfoundland x poodle mix roughly and just as variable as F1 dog
- F2b: F1b X F1b or F1b x purebred Poodle or F1b x purebred Newfoundland or F2 x F1b; litters have a high percentage of desirable traits that the breeder is searching for
Most Newfypoos are a solid black or liver brown with minor white markings, but the mix has a wide range of color possibilities.
- Pied – white with black, blue, brown, or red
- Chocolate (liver brown)
- Solid white
- Red – deep reddish-brown or mahogany to apricot
Difference Between Gray, Blue, and Silver
It easy to confuse gray and blue or gray and silver in certain dog breeds. Newypoos have their Poodle parents to thank for their interesting coat color genes.
- Gray – a graying genes turns the dog’s coat lighter as it gets older
- Silver – intermixed gray and white hairs, giving the dogs a pale gray or shimmery
- Blue – a dilution gene alters the color black, muting it; depending on the breed, dogs can look smoky to charcoal gray to steel blue
Newfypoos are friendly and social like Poodles but have some of the alert watchfulness and protectiveness of the Newfoundland. Therefore, it is a given that your Newfypoo will be an even more effective watchdog than a purebred Poodle. Newfypoos are also loyal, affectionate, and playful, making them great hits with children. Their size warrants supervision around smaller kids and pets. They do fantastic with medium- to large-sized dogs and will accept cats if they get used to felines at an early age. Newfypoos can be more protective of children than they are of adults. Newfydoodles tend to be responsive, engaging, and easy to train.
The Newfypoo is a healthy hybrid with an average life expectancy of 10 to 12 years. Larger dogs may only live nine years while smaller pets can reach 13 or 14 years.
Newfypoo Puppies for Sale Near Me
Newfypoos are common enough that you should easily find a litter nearby. Although many people import Newfydoodles, there is a great advantage to a local dog regarding visitations. When you visit your prospective pup, check for an alert and curious disposition and evidence of early socialization by the breeder. A puppy should look assertive rather than timid. Avoid pursuing puppies that cower or show signs of illness such as a soiled behind or runny nose. Not every breed will perform breed-specific tests on the parents, but the following tests are relevant.
- Cardiac evaluation
- Ophthamological exam – parents and puppies
- Hip and knee evaluation
There are several crosses that will result in a Mini Newfypoo.
- Newfoundland x Miniature Poodle
- F1b Newfypoo x Miniature Poodle
- Miniature Newfypoo x Miniature Newfypoo
- F1 Newfy Poo x Miniature poodle
Miniature Newfy Poos are typically 18 to 21 inches tall at the shoulder and weigh 35 to 60 pounds.They are more vulnerable than Standards to knee and mitral valve (divides left upper and lower heart chambers) challenges.
A Newfypoo’s requirements for care are high relative to many other breeds.
- Brush daily – double-coated dogs require extensive brushing during copious shedding in the spring and fall; daily brushing keeps single-coated dogs from matting; some Newfypoos are kept in short body clip
- Nail trim and bath every 6 to 8 weeks
- Brush teeth or dental chew every other day
- Feed puppies three to six times daily; 45 to 75 calories per pound of body weight each day
- Adults should get two or three meals daily; 28 to 35 calories per pound of body weight
- Trainability – high; very intelligent, willing to please, quick to pick up commands and signals
- Exercise – require 45 to 75 minutes daily in divided sessions; require periods of vigorous running or playing as well as mental stimulation
- Socialization is most effective between 8 and 12 weeks of age; puppies need social skills to build confidence and stave off inappropriate fear and aggression